Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ModernFamilyfan
Contributor
Message 1 of 34

FTTC Speed drop

I've always meant to get this issues fixed, anyhoo here goes - 

When I switched to BT ADSL in September I got ADSL speeds (all fine there)  I then upgraded to infinity 2 to expect 60mb as before I switched to BT.  I got these speeds with Plusnet.

I only get around 50mb with BT infinity, I belive my line can deliver faster than that.  I think my line was switched ports during the ISP switch.

Is there any way to get back onto the faster download and upload speed.

My upload with Plusnet was 19mb now it's 12mb with BT.

Please can someone from BT arrange an engineer to switch my line back to a faster port.

I've even got reports from SamKnows in July and August showing my speed was faster before the switch on the exact same line.

Thanks,

MFF

0 Ratings
33 REPLIES 33
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 34

Re: FTTC Speed drop

your port would not of been changed for an ISP move it is purely a software routing change what was the estimated speed you were quoted when you signed up to BT Fibre

post the results of this checker removing your phone number http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
0 Ratings
ModernFamilyfan
Contributor
Message 3 of 34

I've put both my address on and phone number results (removing my personal deets)

Nowhere near what I get at the minute on both A and B. 

Using phone line number 

Using the address 

(can't upload as files were too big)

MFF

0 Ratings
ModernFamilyfan
Contributor
Message 4 of 34

It also says I can get FTTP on Demand.

What is this?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 34

you are within the impacted B range it sounds like line problems may have reduced your speed but it will be hared to get Openreach to carry out a reset as you are within the range quoted
0 Ratings
Highlighted
ModernFamilyfan
Contributor
Message 6 of 34

But why the decrease of speed just due to switching Internet providers?

Also what is FTTP On Demand? Would quite like 330mb!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 34

it is a version of Fibre to home however at the moment no ISP is selling the product as it is a very expensive option as you pay 500.00 + install cost and then the cost of fibre per metre from the nearest fibre node then you will pay the monthly charge  this link  may give some idea http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricing/loadProductPriceDetails.do?data=0WyIM7tTGGgucF...

0 Ratings
ModernFamilyfan
Contributor
Message 8 of 34

Blimey!! No one could afford that!

Also, why does BTOR think it's acceptable to reduce my speeds when switching ISP.

I was switched to ADSL in the duration of the switchover.  Could I have been put on a different port?

If so, please could OR return me to a faster port?

MFF

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 34

@ModernFamilyfan wrote:

Blimey!! No one could afford that!

Also, why does BTOR think it's acceptable to reduce my speeds when switching ISP.

I was switched to ADSL in the duration of the switchover.  Could I have been put on a different port?

If so, please could OR return me to a faster port?

MFF

Theres no such thing as a faster port, all ports are capable of delivering the same speed. Its unlikely you were switched anyway as its usually just a software change when moving fibre isp's as has been mentioned before. 

0 Ratings
ModernFamilyfan
Contributor
Message 10 of 34

Whats a software change as mentioned?

Als how would this affect my DL speed, is it possible to put back the original software?

-MFF

0 Ratings