Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 34

Re: FTTC Speed drop

@ModernFamilyfan wrote:

Now looking at BT.com estimated speed range for my line is 63mb - 80mb

Not very happy that i'm not receiving those speeds that i'm paying for.

My old house had a line installed just before WW2 I believe and it received a solid 75mb connection and it was the same distance if not, further away from the green fibre cab.

Clearly my line can handle the faster speeds, and the BTOR engineer I saw the other day and I explained my situation whilst he was finishing up another job, and he said that I could have been knocked to a slower port when I changed ISP.  Total Rubbish as has already been posted there is no such thing as a faster or slower port all ports in the cabinet are the same 

I am a technologist myself and do have some experience in the communications system.

MFF

0 Ratings
ModernFamilyfan
Contributor
Message 32 of 34

So why have I got a reduced speed by switching FTTC providers, that is totally rubbish.

BT make up excuses to tell us it's not their fault whereas it is. Also I can complain my upload speed is not in the impacted upload speed range. I suggest that BT stop excuses and sort out the problem as it is not my router as I have tried the openreach modem as well and no difference.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
ModernFamilyfan
Contributor
Message 33 of 34

I've reported this to a mod as I'm not really happy with whats going on here.

I've tried all the troubleshooting steps and still no success in speeds.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 34

How have you reported it to a moderator? If it was by a PM they won't respond to you.

See this link.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Terms/Change-of-Mods-Contact-Us-link/td-p/931648

0 Ratings