cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
domster12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

FTTC Speed issues.

Thought that I would raise this question on here..... I have now had fibre for over 2 years and its been fine...

For the last 2 weeks the speed has been fluctuating like crazy. Normally sit between the 20 - 26MB for download now currently sitting at 6mb with a 311k upload.

This makes it rubbish for working from home and now getting frustrated.

What can be done to get it sorted?

When I have reported issues before it has taken several visits to get the issue sorted...

Cheers

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
domster12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: FTTC Speed issues.

Sorry forgot to add - there has been no changes in things at home - I have checked all of the usual things etc etc there is no noise on the line currently and the weather has been okay .....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Can you post stats from your hub. If hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information 

if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
domster12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Capture.PNG

There we go

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Can you enter your phone number and post results remember delete number this will show your estimated connection speed range   http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Your speeds are low compared to speed you expected. Are you using the test socket with a filter to check to see if this helps. It also helps to eliminate problems with internal wiring and avoid call out charge

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
domster12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Capture2.PNG

I have an idea what the problem is .... - I used to be on cabinet 3 there is a new cabinet down the road - ... Could I have been moved to a service that is not comissioned yet or possibly waiting to be moved this is why the fluctuations are happening ...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Looks like your connection is getting moved to a new cab no 17 which is due to go live by June 2019

i have asked mods to try and help you find out what is happening to your connection.  They will post here

0 Ratings
domster12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Thank you for this .... as the cabinet is closer alot closer 🙂 the possibility of FFTP could be feasable ... also 🙂 I know it would have to be FTTPoD but I could cope with the connection cost.

Would I need to get a survey done ....

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi @domster12 welcome back to the community, I'm really sorry to see you've been having problems with your broadband recently, I'm sure this is a right pain especially when you're used to getting much better connection speeds.

We'll have to raise this with our suppliers to find out whats happening with your connection so I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

a street cabinet has nothing to do with an FTTP connection

0 Ratings