cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

FTTC VDSL2 Downstream Sync Under Performing?

Hi All,

Below is my current modem sync and bt broadband checker information regarding my line. I'm generally happy with everything given I'm on FTTC, however my downstream sync I believe used to be 70ish, and seems to have slipped a little.  I'm not sure why this might have occurred, I've tried using a  tplink TD-W9970 and the Huawei EchoLife HG612 modem but not a lot of difference.

I don't believe I will be getting full fiber until june/july this year, so in the meantime based on the evidence below should I in theory be getting a higher current VDSL rate sync?

Upstream Downstream

Current Rate (kbps)1999965609
Max Rate (kbps)2468684931
SNR Margin (dB)8.66
Line Attenuation (dB)1.611.3
Errors (pkts)210

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Handback
 HighLowHighLow 
VDSL Range A (Clean) 8065.62018.759.1
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 80602016.649
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTC VDSL2 Downstream Sync Under Performing?

Are you having problems with your connection dropping? The resets which happen when you have been trying different connection devices can cause the DLM to take action by reducing connection speed.

Can you check your line for noise by dialling 17070 option 2. Should be silent and best with corded phone. Not applicable if you have digital voice 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

My connection isn't dropping.

I just gave the quiet line test ago on my cordless phones, haven't got a corded one, however they are a fairly new BT Premium phone twin pack, not sure of model number.

During the test I can hear a constant static sound on the line, you could describe it as a hum I suppose, not sure if that is normal given a cordless phone or not to be honest.

Just noticed my max rates have changed from earlier

Upstream Downstream

Current Rate (kbps)1999965609
Max Rate (kbps)2457585207
SNR Margin (dB)8.56.1
Line Attenuation (dB)1.611.3
Errors (pkts)360
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

If just a dull hum then that is considered normal on cordless phones.  Your max attainable speed will fluctuate up/down as line conditions change but that is normal. Your connection speed will only change when your router drops internet connection. At present your connection speed is right at bottom of expected speed range so unlikely BT will do anything.  If you make sure there are no drops or manual resets then speed may start to increae

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings