Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dean0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

FTTC Waiting List

I just moved house, had FTTC at previous address. Prior to moving I checked online and FTTC was availible in my postcode, but when I placed my moving home install I was told that my local FTTC cabinet is at capacity. 

The lady on the phone said this would be resolved shortly, a few weeks and I could process my order for FTTC, currently on ADSL 2mb, painfully slow.

I am checking my postcode daily on the openreach website for updates, but there appears to be a waiting list and I am left in the dark. Who can I speak to find out relavent infomation to being placed on a waiting list or ETA for planned works. 

I am a few meters from the FTTC cab and appears a new one has been added recently. My postcode is HP92YL.

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
dean0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: FTTC Waiting List

I have checked on DSLChecker and WBC FTTP is showing as availible, is this an option?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Can you post back the results of this checker editing out your phone number

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
If it does not show a cabinet number it will be because you are on an Exchange Only line which will mean you can not get Infinity because you are not connected to a cabinet, instead you are connected directly to the exchange.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

The post code check is the least accurate as it may span multiple cabinets
0 Ratings
dean0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

rps20160921_232434.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

you can forget FTTP on demand as it costs thousands to have installed it is basically for business use

all you can do is wait for Openreach to increase cabinet capacity it will be affecting all providers not just BT there is nothing BT can do to speed up the process

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

all you can do is wait for cabinet availability
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 8 of 10

@dean0 wrote:

I have checked on DSLChecker and WBC FTTP is showing as availible, is this an option?

Hi Dean,

Keep checking daily as someone may give up their fibre connection. 

dean0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

How can I be put on this waiting list? Seems very poor I have to check a website everyday to see if the service is available. Does the technical support not have any additional info regarding the upgrade on my cabinet.

I have just checked Openreach page and I have listed on my street Street Side Dslam Cab Nmamkd. This comes up as Fibre service available. 

1.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

only Openreach has knowledge of cabinet capacity and upgrade time scales BT Retail your provider has the same information as you can see on the Wholesale checker this also applies to the 500+ other providers who use the same Openreach fibre network
0 Ratings