Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 25

FTTC but not FTTP

Hello All 😀 / BT Community,

I am currently living in a area where FTTC is the highest at Fibre 2 packages, I need faster speeds but a city is 7-10 miles away from me supports FFTP.

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: FTTC but not FTTP

You are no different to 1000's of other customers and just because 7/10 miles away is of no consequence. At present if you want to benefit from that city FTTP only solution is to move house 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 25

Hello @imjolly,

Well I'm sorry that's so WRONG like, I need faster speeds etc because I have a busy household and sometime have guests coming over using it. I cannot wait for this contract to end and no I ain't moving just for FFTP.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 25

Then if you don't want to move you are not currently going to get openreach FTTP from any ISP so try Virgin but if they are not available then write and suggest they cable your street

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 25

Hello again @imjolly,

Sadly I can't cancel with BT (I'm in a term-contract) Virgin is much faster. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 25

@Anonymouswrote:

Hello again @imjolly,

Unless Virgin are offering their full cable in your street, you are going to get the same speeds as BT. Don't fall for the advertising blurb.

Sorry.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 25

@Carlushawrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Hello again @imjolly,

Unless Virgin are offering their full cable in your street, you are going to get the same speeds as BT. Don't fall for the advertising blurb.

Sorry.

Virgin no longer sell Openreach products and haven't for a number of years.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

If you live in an area that has FTTC , then FTTPod will be available ( although not through BT Consumer) so if you want better speed , you could try that ,but it’s not a cheap option, and as you state that you are inside a minimum term , ETC would also be payable, as you would have to leave BT and join someone else.

It’s not clear to me what the purpose of your post is, if it’s a request to be in a FTTP area, then ‘BT’ are just the same as any other provider , it’s Openreach that would provide the FTTP infrastructure that ‘BT’ use , so ‘when will I get FTTP’ enquiry’s should be addressed towards OR not BT.

The distance you are from a city is irrelevant, there are some very rural areas with FTTP and some large city’s without FTTP....if having faster speeds is absolutely critical, and another ‘network’ is available offering the sort of speed you need, the solution is pretty clear, but don’t expect your BT contractual obligation to be waived, after all , presumably you knew the speed you would be getting before you signed up, presumably that is what is being delivered.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 25

Hello @iniltous / @pippincp / @Carlusha,

Many thanks for all of your kind reply's back to me 😊.

I sadly cannot join Virgin because I'm in a STUPID contract with BT until 2022 or 2023. Virgin is perfect for me because of the official speed's that I'll get to my property, please take a look at the photo down below:

rsz_11rsz_vm_sales.jpg

Cheap & much faster speed's perfect for me, how do I cancel BT to switch over to Virgin?

Any MOD's or ADMIN please DM / PM me.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 25

you just phone up and cancel and be prepared for large cancellation fee depending on how long contract has to run