Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stoswald
Contributor
Message 21 of 65

Re: FTTC connection 300 feet from cab poor downstream

Go to solution
Ok. Oddly the by fault tracker is picking up slow speeds, but can't find a hard fault, yet when I say i have a no 6 filter, it stops and tells me to speak to them.

I'll leave it as is for the time being and will see if it improves.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 65

Go to solution

I still think you need an engineer visit as speed should be higher with your attenuation

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 65

Go to solution

I know you said you had no extensions, what about any extra phone wiring that may still be connected, but has no sockets on it?

Does the line come straight into that socket?

Did you test from the real test socket that is behind the filtered faceplate, or just the one that is below the bottom sectiion?

Those NTEs can develop a fault.

0 Ratings
stoswald
Contributor
Message 24 of 65

Go to solution
My thought also, will let the ten days pass and see if thinks improve, could be simply a stuck bras profile, I had one of those before and it took an engineer visit to reset.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 65

Go to solution

Did you test from the test socket at the back which is the real test socket, just to elimate a filter fault?

NTE- all sections

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 65

Go to solution

if it was a stuck/banded profile that would not affect your max attainable speed just your conenction speed so there is something else causing a problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 65

Go to solution

@imjolly wrote:

if it was a stuck/banded profile that would not affect your max attainable speed just your conenction speed so there is something else causing a problem

Agreed, it should be better than that.

I wanted to eliminate the NTE filter components first, as they are quite complex, also the interconnecting parts.

0 Ratings
stoswald
Contributor
Message 28 of 65

Go to solution
It's a new line from the drop wire outside up the filtered mk3.
I have removed the large part that says openreach mark 3 at the top, this came away when I un screwed the telephone faceplate. The new filter is placed in the telephone test socket under neath. It was this that was loose, if I take that off in left with wires at the back, so yes that's the test socket
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 65

Go to solution

Its not a good sign it was loose. So that back socket is where you got the last set of connection results?  Ignore any speed test results, as they are meaningless at this stage.

Where is the junction box that joins the dropwire to the internal cable located?

It may look like one of these

Dropwire to internal connection

BT 78A  or BT 52A

0 Ratings
stoswald
Contributor
Message 30 of 65

Go to solution
It's a new bt78aand is on the outside wall, the phone wire runs about 7ft from this point, do I open it or not?
0 Ratings