Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 65

Re: FTTC connection 300 feet from cab poor downstream

Go to solution

It could be radiating interference. What about the question regarding powerline adapters?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 65

Go to solution

@stoswald wrote:

Just for the record I had a perfect 40/10 with sky fttc llu. Which sort of makes a mockery of the slow speeds now.

How so, you are still getting a perfect 40/10.

0 Ratings
stoswald
Contributor
Message 43 of 65

Go to solution
They aren't connected. Oddly at the same moment I disconnected the TV from the satalite, my son tells me the online game he was playing hung..
0 Ratings
stoswald
Contributor
Message 44 of 65

Go to solution
Not now I lost the sky connection after I put the hh6 on go live day last Thursday.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 65

Go to solution

@stoswald wrote:
They aren't connected. Oddly at the same moment I disconnected the TV from the satalite, my son tells me the online game he was playing hung..

That sounds ominous. Leave it disconnected, and check the connection speed on the home hub now.

0 Ratings
stoswald
Contributor
Message 46 of 65

Go to solution
Data rate: 20.00 Mbps / 56.45 Mbps
Maximum data rate: 24482 / 57477
Noise margin: 15.3 dB / 6.3 dB
Line attenuation: 14.8 dB.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 65

Go to solution

As you only got 40/20 from Sky, it could be that your line quality has always been poor. You could have an unbalanced pair, or aluminium cable.

The problem is going to be that you are getting above the minimum connection speed, so Openreach would probably not be interested in looking at it.

Not really sure there is anything you can do at this point, apart from wait to see if it gets any better.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 65

Go to solution

That cannot be right @Keith_Beddoe as OP says he had 70+mb connection speed on infinity before he left for sky 2 years ago  suppose maybe different pair and more crosstalk

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
stoswald
Contributor
Message 49 of 65

Go to solution
I was with BT before and was getting 72/19, although this was over 3yrs ago, I left BT for Plusnet and everything went down hill from then. I gave up on BT backhaul and joined Sky on llu 40/10 as that was all I needed then, but since I upgraded the TV to 4k and with the kids getting the online gaming bug, watching nowtv whilst BF4 was been played, swamped my network necessitating a bit more bandwidth. No connection charge and free weekend calls were a winner over Idnet charging £90 connection fee without a router, I oddly was looking at Idnet 52/10 service.

It's sad I had recycled t pphe hh5 as I have seen comments here the hh5 has been better, hence my thought this could just be a router fault, especially as I have opted out of BT WiFi and the router is still sending out the hotspot, I prefer that I know who is connected to my network, despite that BT claim it is a small amount of data (14mb is a small amount if someone is streaming using my hotspot) and is secure on a different channel to protect me from any wrong doing, I wonder how it goes that?. Since I can't clearly stop something I don't want, then I will get a new router that will not have that feature after the ten days are up.

Can I thank all the experts today, you've been great, even if we cannot fix the problems I am having.
0 Ratings
stoswald
Contributor
Message 50 of 65

Go to solution
Yep I've had 2 line breaks, a open cable in the house and a faulty switch in the cab, crosstalk is possible as TBB picked up that.
0 Ratings