Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarrellMe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

FTTC enabled cabinet yet still connected directly to the exchange

Go to solution

Hi

I'm currently connected to the Hillside exchange (Postcode B48 7QZ, Phone No: *removed*) and cabinet 18. I've been informed that the cabinet itself has been enabled for FTTC, but due to the length of distance between my property and the cabinet I won't be able to get any highspeed broadband. According to an open reach engineer who connected my existing line Im still connected to the exchange and I my line hasn't been swapped over to the FTTC enabled cabinet yet. Now I would imgagine that even if I can't get the full 30mbs speeds, or whatever they should be, that if my line was actually connected to the FTTC cabinet I would at least expect some increase in speed (currently 1.9mbs) due to only copper line between my property and the cabinet itself as opposed to directly to the exchange......or am I missing something ?

Also, if I would get some kind of increase in speed who can I get to do the work as BT seem to suggest that it can't be done and not other provide the possibility either....

Some help would be appreciated 

Thanks

D

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTC enabled cabinet yet still connected directly to the exchange

Go to solution

VDSL (Infinity) degrades quicker over shorter copper line lengths than ADSL. If your line length is over 1000mts you will see no benefit.

Note: line of sight length is often different to actual line length.

0 Ratings
ach2
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi DarrellMe,

I suggest you edit out your phone number - this is a public forum so the info is available to anyone.

Cheers,

Alan.

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

They wont swap you over to FTTC unless it says you can get it and you place an order for it.

0 Ratings