Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aberdeen152
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

FTTC home move.

Go to solution
Hi everyone

I just moved house and upgraded my broadband to Superfast fibre plus at the same time. Broadband has been activated today and is showing data rate as being 66mbps down and 20 mbps up. The maximum data rate in the advanced router settings is showing as 79mbps down and 26mbps. Is there any reason why I’m losing about 13mbps on the downstream or has a cap been placed on my line?

Thanks
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: FTTC home move.

Go to solution

Give it a few days for G.Inp to be actvated. Your speed should then improve.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

If only connected today then you need to give DLM time to find best stable  connection for your line. If you are on Huawei cab then you may also get a boost if DLM activates G.INP. 

Post the stats from your router. If hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aberdeen152
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi 

Thanks. I am indeed connected to a huawei cabinet. These are my stats from earlier today.

91FE0FC6-ADB5-4693-BC0A-5E17EB95C899.jpeg

0 Ratings
Aberdeen152
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Just to update. My router reset last night and now speed is up to 76mbps. Still scope for improvement as max rate still about 78. Very happy

2EFAE173-3676-4BD8-BE59-8C90E8976E96.jpeg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

that's great

all that was needed was patience

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.