cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbre
Message 1 of 5

FTTC not available to my house, but available to neighbours

Hi there,

So I've been checking on the "When Can I Get Fibre?" page (https://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/when-can-i-get-fibre.aspx), and it seems that my cabinet is now enabled for FTTC. But, when I input my address I am told:

"Your cabinet is enabled for Superfast fibre however you're not able to order fibre just yet.

This might be because the length of the line is too long to get Superfast speeds. We're actively looking at other options"

However, when I check my neighbour's address it claims that they are able to order now. As I live in a rural area its quite easy to see the path of the telephone line from the cabinet, and plotting it out the length of the line between my house and the cabinet is 600 - 650m. Is this not easily within the FTTC range? For reference, my neighbours house is only ~60m closer to the cabinet than mine. 

Here are the results from both mine and my neighbour's addresses when inputted into the BT Broadband Availability Checker (https://www.dslchecker.bt.com).

Mine:

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 16.36.26.png

Neighbour's:

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 16.36.48.png

If anyone has got any ideas about what's going on and what I need to do to fix it that would be great. I've seen on this forum that it could be a database issue, who do I need to contact if this is the problem?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTC not available to my house, but available to neighbours

What cabinet and exchange does yours show versus what your neighbours show?

Do you have an active phone line?

If not, this will be why. The data for your line/property won't be updated until the phone line goes live and the relevant databases updated with the location of your DP (distrubution point).

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
tbre
Message 3 of 5

Hi there,

I have checked again and we're both on the same exchange and cabinet. I have an active phone line, however it is with TalkTalk and as such does not return any results when I search using it. However, now that FTTC is active I was planning on moving back to BT.

Thanks
0 Ratings
tbre
Message 4 of 5

Just bumping this, has anyone got any ideas?

Cheers
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 5

As you currently don't have a BT phone line then you won't be in the database. However if Talk Talk show you as being able to get fibre then you will be able to get Infinity after you switch.

0 Ratings