cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrnumbskull
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

FTTC ordering problem

I had BT FTTC a couple of years ago and then switched to TalkTalk. The BT product was the standard 80/20 at the time, which is essentially the same product I have from TalkTalk, though now it is more like 55/15.

I would like to go back to BT now that my 18 month TalkTalk contract is up.

I've gone right through the process on the website and everything is fine - it's available and all checks pass. Then the final screen after address and line number confirmation is complete, to be told that the product is unavailable and I can only get standrd ADSL.

I had BT fibre before, on a BT line. Now I'm on TalkTalk fibre with the same copper and street cabinet but cannot switch to BT. This is also the case for Plusnet.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: FTTC ordering problem

Use the address checker HERE and post a screenshot of the result. Remove address before posting.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

I assume the cabinet has no spare ports available. If you change provider's your port is freed up but you are not guaranteed to get it back, somebody else may nab it first.

0 Ratings
mrnumbskull
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Using the address checker:

FTTC Address Checker.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Yep, waiting list

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

as already said that if you change provider you will give up your current fibre connection to person top of waiting list and you will join waiting list

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mrnumbskull
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

What's madness about this is that I recall checking fibre availability at least a year ago (for a neighbour) and it said that the cabinet was to capacity. If there hasn't been any upgrade in that time, and there's clearly demand, what have BT / Openreach been doing?

The really irritating thing is that because of the port potentially being snatched by another order, I am actually stuck with TalkTalk and their 50% monthly increase unless I want another 18 months with them. There is nothing I can do short of returning to ADSL, and who would want that?

Thanks for your help and prompt replies. I have to say that this is a frustrating situation.

0 Ratings