cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

FTTC to FTTP

Go to solution

Hi

I'm in the process of moving both my phone line and broadband from Plusnet FTTC to BT FTTP. The order has been accepted and the install date has been set for Wednesday 4th November.

All is progressing nicely, my hub has been delivered and an OR engineer has been and installed the cable from the node to the outside of the house.

The problem is I've had notification from Plusnet stating that BT have requested the transfer of the phone line, but states that the transfer of the broadband has not be requested.

Is this normal, or is it a funny as I'm moving from FTTC to FTTP.

Do you think I'll end up with both services running in parallel and incur charges for both until I cancel the Plusnet circuit my self 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: FTTC to FTTP

Go to solution

Because you are getting FTTP it is entirely possible that BT would not have requested that your broadband be stopped because they are not actually taking it over they are installing a new different product.

Call the BT FTTP team on 0800 587 4787 to clarify and to be safe you would be best to inform Plusnet to cease your broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

When your phone line is transferred that should cease the FTTC with Plusnet.

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@brookheatherwrote:

When your phone line is transferred that should cease the FTTC with Plusnet.

Correct but always wide to check, saves any surprises later.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi

I just thought I would give a quick update regarding my FTTC to FTTP switchover.

This has been this morning without a hitch, and once the new FTTP circuit was up and running, I contacted Plusnet to confirm my FTTC service would be terminated. They said that BT had requested this and it would all go through today.

Thank you @pippincp & @brookheather  for your responses and information.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Well done. I slipped with the same transfer as you. Thankfully Plusnet cancelled the “double” payment.

0 Ratings