cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bringbackmono
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

FTTC upgrade to FTTH

Hi,  I have Infinity running on FTTC which is about 700 metres to the cab. Openreach are in the process of blowing in new fibres directly from the ATE to my housing estate for the provision of FTTH......will I be upgraded automatically as the work progresses and is completed ....or do I have to contact BT personally and make an order/request......??... Anyone know please?
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: FTTC upgrade to FTTH

as FTTP is a different product you will need to order it
0 Ratings
Highlighted
bringbackmono
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Thanks John......I thought the product I originally ordered and have was Infinity....the method of delivery was never mentioned......is there a charge?......I only get 30mbit of the promised 76mbit .....and that is due to the copper to the fibre cab.....I wouldn't be happy to have to pay even more money to get something which I am ostensibly already paying for....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

If it's native FTTP then there will be no installation charge.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

You also wouldn't have been promised 76mbps. Infinity 2 is sold as up to 76mbps but you would have been provided with a personalised speed estimate when you signed up.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
bringbackmono
Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Correct...I was promised up to 76 mbit.....I'll wait until the job is complete and then make enquiries......it's not to do with this G Fast product is it that's being rolled out?....
0 Ratings
bringbackmono
Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Hi Again....what does 'Native' mean in this context please?....d
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 15

@bringbackmono wrote:
Hi Again....what does 'Native' mean in this context please?....d

It means not FTTPoD.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

It means rolled out by Openreach to the property and not as an "on demand" connection.

Can you enter your number into here http://dslchecker.bt.com and post a screenshot please?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

You were sold an up to 76mbps service with a personalised speed estimate for your line.
0 Ratings