cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whittdawg
Message 1 of 6

FTTP - 1st Floor Install

Hi, We are in the process of having FTTP installed on our estate, does anyone know if it is possible to get the modem and router installed on the 1st floor of our property rather than by the front door (which is where the old BT line comes in) ? I'd like to have everything installed in my office and out of sight rather than right next to the front door. Thanks
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: FTTP - 1st Floor Install

You mentioned an office, is this a business connection, as there is usually more flexibility allowed on a business premises?

0 Ratings
Whittdawg
Message 3 of 6

It's my home office, so residential connection not business
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@Whittdawg wrote:
It's my home office, so residential connection not business

I think you may have to wait and see, but one of the other forum members may be able to advise.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

The FTTP engineers are normally pretty flexible. They will discuss the installation with you and will try their best to meet your needs.

As an aside you must make sure a double scocket is free for the ONT and battery backup. You will also need one for the router. If you are placing the router elsewhere in the room make sure you have an ethernet cable long enough to stretch frum the ONT to router.

0 Ratings
Whittdawg
Message 6 of 6

Fingers crossed then, no issues with sockets in office but only one near front door (which is one of the issues)
0 Ratings