Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
F00tS0re
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 39

FTTP - 2nd Port Access and other made up stories

Can someone help.

I have been trying to get the new Fibre 900 product installed, every time I talk to BT I get a different story.

We have a 4-port ONT installed under FTTPoD and currently have 330/30 with another provider. I want to enable a second service on Port 2 (Fibre 900).

I have spent weeks chasing a bridge case to get the correct ONT details recorded with OR and finally has it listed with spare ports available (it was showing as single port ONT).

I placed an order last week for Fibre 900 on Port 2, this was accepted and processed and logins issued for myBT.  They confirmed no Working Line Takeover was needed (copper line not in my name and with separate provider to Port 1 broadband). Next day phone line provider advised they had a takeover instruction.

Called BT, they advised to cancel the order and place a new one as easiest route. Order was cancelled and they were supposed to ring me the next day. They sent me a text stating they could do ADSL only, WTF?

Called BT this morning they have said I cannot have a service on Port 2 as it would require new fibres to be run to the premises (not true the 4-port ONT only has 1 fibre connection) and that it would use someone else's port at the exchange (it doesn't even go to the exchange). And that it is not possible for a premises to have more than one fibre to it as this is against regulations.

Should it be possible to get a broadband service on Port-2 with BT, does anyone have one?

Should it be possible to have a new number issued for FTTP rather than a working line takeover?

All help appreciated. All I want to do is place what seems a fairly simple order for FTTP with existing hardware.

Dave

0 Ratings
38 REPLIES 38
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 39

Re: FTTP - 2nd Port Access and other made up stories

@F00tS0re 

As you have FTTPoD, I assume you are a BT Business customer, is that correct?

0 Ratings
F00tS0re
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 39

Nope, not a BT customer at all at the moment.  We had FTTPoD installed via Cerberus, cost me £10k but worth it compared to the awful ADSL signal. Copper phone line is via Zen and contract is in my wife's name and she won't move copper as the VOIP stuff doesn't cut the mustard as far as she is concerned. As she pays the bill I don't get a say. (yes 2025 end of copper etc etc but she is not moving)

Was putting in place a domestic Fibre 900, they just need to spin up a new number for the voice part.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 39

This is a BT Customer forum only so cannot help with this issue. You would have to contact whoever originally installed your FTTPoD service which is not available to residential users who post on this forum.

0 Ratings
F00tS0re
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 39

• I am residential
  • I want to be a BT customer

In fact I would say I am a BT residential customer as they allowed me to place an order they just issued an incorrect WLT for a line that wasn't mine. They then cancelled the order and won't let me place another one as now they say I can't place an order for Port-2 of an ONT.

FTTPoD has been in place over a year and works fine. It would now be considered FTTP, it is just an ONT on the wall with a fibre running to it. It is the same as all other FTTP lines.

Dave

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 39

Sorry, I cannot suggest how you might progress this, as I am just a customer and this is just a customer forum.

0 Ratings
F00tS0re
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 39

So just to check, I have raised a query about BT FTTP service and you have moved it from the FTTP section to the Lounge and then told me you personally can't help me.

Why would you do this?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 39

@F00tS0re wrote:

So just to check, I have raised a query about BT FTTP service and you have moved it from the FTTP section to the Lounge and then told me you personally can't help me.

Why would you do this?

Because you are not actually a BT customer at the moment, with a service affecting issue, which is what this forum is for.

I cannot see how you could expect BT to provide service on an FTTPoD connection which was installed by another provider.

As I have said, this is only a customer to customer forum, and everyone posting here are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators, and they would not be able to help with this issue as they do not have any dealings with FTTP.

FTTPoD, if provided by BT, is only a BT Business product.

0 Ratings
F00tS0re
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 39

• FTTPoD, FTTP and any other variant are all installed by OR regardless of the retailer.
  • FTTP and FTTPoD are identical once installed.
  • I am a BT residential customer as I have a login and  residential account number for the proposed service and an order number for the proposed service.

Other users other than you may have had similar issues with BT FTTP services and be able to help even though you may not. I am aware how forums work and that support is from other customers.

I just don't see why you have moved the message from the FTTP forum where I'm likely to find users with similar experience to the lounge where I almost certainly won't.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 39

If you have an existing residential account with an order for phone service, then the only people who could  help with this, would be the BT FTTP team on 0800 587 4787, as the routing would be over FTTP using FVA (or Digital Voice using a Smart Hub 2 which has an internal DECT base station)

I will move this to billing and packages, but its not going to make any difference, as the moderators here, would not be able to help with your order.

0 Ratings