cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

FTTP 900 after 2 weeks

Hi All, 

ThoughtI would share the results after 2 weeks of monitoring with sam knows, as you can see download speeds are all over the place, looking at a detailed view some of the worst recorded speeds are actually overnight in the early hours of the morning, upload is constant. Latency also jumps around, higher in the day and drops again overnight, although the last few days been constant. Overall its running well, only issue I have is you tube errors all the time, think it way have something to do with IPV6, but not sure yet. 

I would be interested to hear you thoughts on the downland and latency ( I think its quite high for FTTP) and why its also jumps around. 

Cheers 

John 

Screenshot 2020-08-31 at 10.01.19.jpg

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP 900 after 2 weeks

I'm envious that you're actually getting speeds that somewhat resemble what you're paying for.

2 months with Fibre 900 now and the best I've got is 480mbps.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP 900 after 2 weeks

I know, many folk are having issues with the speeds. TBH real world speeds aren't great. Whist it might be possible to achieve these download speeds I do find that downloading files and streaming UHD content isn't much faster. It would appear that it's still very much limited to the servers upload speed that the files are held on or how many others are downloading the file at the same time. My opinion is that it will get better in time.
0 Ratings