cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: FTTP 900; download way under, upload fine...

Go to solution

@busterboy1 

I have the SmartHub2 running in pretty much a router only mode, which delivers the internet to a set of Deco M9s that I have for the mesh wifi. Most stuff is hardwired into a switch connected to the main Deco and the rest is on wifi.

I could connect the Deco directly into the ONT rather than via the SH2, but then I figured I wasn't doing my duty with respect to providing the BT Wifi hotspot service!

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

@Will168 

Buy once buy right.

I still have my Smart Hub 2 sat in it's box brand new as I took the Asus RT-AX88U route.

Spent many hours on this (and other forums) and confirmed this router did the job fine so made the purchase.

Expensive (like your Deco M9's are) but again we both have proved better hardware does max out the premium 900 / 110 package with ease. 🙂

ASUS RT-AX88U.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

Hey folks,

Just closing the loop on this for those that experienced similarly weird/low speeds after having FTTP 900 installed. 

BT were mostly great about it, sent someone out. Engineer was less than keen to get involved as I was getting 300, still decent but clearly not great. 

He flipped open the grey cover on cabling outside and could immediately see the install job was botched. Twisted fibre, micro tears in the cover etc. 

He re-spliced the cable outside, 5 mins later download up to 900 straight off. 

I swapped my Google WiFi back in, even over ppoe it’s fine tho upload is halved for some reason, but huge improvement!

0 Ratings