cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: FTTP 900 installed today. Getting 50mbps. Can’t see hub online

Thanks mabuk!
Some things I’ll try tomorrow and report back. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Thanks converse420. Yes it’s the black one with the red plugs that came with the smart hub 2 or ONT (can’t remember which) 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Thanks, well as long as the cable is not faulty that's something else to tick off the list. Do you see the SH2 as being connected at 1000Mbps in the Smart Hub Manager?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Yes. Says WAN link speed 1000mbps 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

I would start by confirming the SH firmware version (it should be v17) and what’s speeds coming to the hub first if not already. BT are supposed to be fixing the SH speed tester soon.
  • Can you test the speeds with a laptop/computer connected directly to the hub using fast.com (BTs favourite) and if your speeds are poor then
  • You could try factory resetting your hub, disconnecting the cable from the hub and power cycling the ONT (leave it off for at least 5mins)
    power up the ont but leave the hub off without the cable.
  • when the pon  light is solid turn on the hub until the light is purple and connect the cable to the wan port.
  • now test the speed and if you’re getting a good service move onto the Wi-fi.

As you’ll know Wi-fi can be effected by a ton of things, if it was me I’d start by checking

• which clients are connected to which frequency in the hub
  • See if any of the slower clients are on the 2.4 but are 5 capable by turning off the 2.4 in the hub
  • make sure you’ve not got overlapping channels with a neighbour 

And Apologies in advance if you’ve already tried all of this.

Note with FTTP WAN link speed will show 1000mbps regardless.

There’s a ton of folks reporting several poor speed characteristics of Fibre900 so you’re not alone.

Some have been more successful with a 3rd party router to boost their Wi-fi speeds.

ps sorry about the large text at the start, not sure what happened but I cannot change it to normal...

0 Ratings