cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

FTTP 900, is there a "settling in period"

Go to solution

Hi all,

Got switched on to Fibre FTTP 900 today. So far it's been bouncing all over the place for both download and upload, not reaching anything near the speeds it should be. 

I know way back when there used to be a "settling in period" where it would take a several days to level out - is this the same with FTTP technology? I thought I recall reading somewhere on these forums that was a thing of the past now? 

I know I'm never going to achieve full speeds on Wifi but I was expecting to  (or at least close to) on gigabit ethernet - I'm getting fluctuations between 500/700mbps down and 40/50mbps up downloading a 6GB file with both a Cat5e and Cat6 cable. 

Apologies if this is a silly question. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP 900, is there a "settling in period"

Go to solution

no settling period

try search for FTTP speed as there are numerous posts like yours

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP 900, is there a "settling in period"

Go to solution

@Stins 

Have a read of this long thread on the topic 

Will take you a while to get through it all but some interesting observations among the users. 😉

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"