cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

FTTP 900mbps

Hi,

I have had this package for awhile now but on the BT hub I can only get around 200mbps 

I have since tried various different routers. Such as Linksys AX5300 (the duel AX1060 package) thats WiFi 6 capable. This one has been the worst. Not as bad as BT as it was the only router to show 800mbps briefly (average around 400mbps) but it was just terrible overall. So returned this one.

The other I tried was a synology RT2600ac which was a decent router as for being stable but the speed wasn’t worth the cost to keep it. Saw around 300mbps on this one. 

Now the one I have currently is a Asus RT-AX88U that has WiFi 6 and overall it’s the best one I have tried *overall* being the key word. It’s still not giving me the 900mbps. But it is giving a pretty consistent 400mbps and has spiked at around 650mbps but this isn’t consistent. 

At this point I’m beginning to wonder what do I have to do to squeeze every last drop of that 900mbps (while being a stable condition, low latency etc..) 

Assuming BT may release a new Home Hub eventually that will be more compatible for their 900 package. 

But there must be a third party brand that will do ?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: FTTP 900mbps

with wifi the speed is going to be lower than you get if you used an ethernet cable  have you tried using ethernet and see what speed you can get

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Ethernet around 250mbps - 500mbps highly inconsistent on all routers. This is on a PS4 Pro. I have no use for Ethernet on any other device. Tbh. 5Ghz is the preferred choice over Ethernet. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

It's not just the router, but the device that has to be wifi-6 capable.

Using Orbi WiFi 6 System AX6000 (RBK853) I can get 440+ Mbps to an iPad mini 5 which is not a wifi-6 capable device

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

The testing of speed has been done with a iPhone 11 Max Pro which does have WiFi 6 and I have tested up close to the router.

0 Ratings