cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

FTTP Activation Date Past - Next Steps?

Signed up to FullFibre100 early December, original activation date set at 10th December. This was pushed to 16th December, which has been and gone. Live chat tell me to talk to activations team (have been on hold numerous times for 30mins+). What actually needs to be done to 'activate' my service?

- Openreach have completed the cabling and installed ONT inside the home. Lights are green.

- Smart Hub 2 has arrived and is hooked up to the ONT. LAN cable connected to WAN port (currently using the grey lead provided by OpenReach rather than the Red ends cable provided by BT, does this matter?).

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: FTTP Activation Date Past - Next Steps?

@Jay_C 

Give the FTTP team a call. They may need the serial number of the modem.

They are on 0800 587 4787.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Ethernet cable should be ok

have you tried phoning 08005874787 FTTP TEAM?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Thank you both, I will give them a try in the morning.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

What lights are showing on the home hub?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

The hub has a solid orange light. The ONT has green lights for PORT, PON & POWER.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@Jay_C wrote:

The hub has a solid orange light. The ONT has green lights for PORT, PON & POWER.

Then it just needs activating. The FTTP should be able to help with this.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

I’m reviving a dead thread here, but what was the outcome of all of this?

I’m in the exact same situation with the same lights and whatnot on my ONT and SmartHub 2. 
BT tell me they don’t know what the issue is so curious how your situation turned out. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

If you haven’t already, definitely give the phone number a ring (the FTTP team). The line just needed activating, but there were system issues at both Openreach and BTs end - the team were very helpful in chasing Openreach to get it sorted. I did have to ring a few times though.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Ah ok sounds great. Thanks for the reassurance.
0 Ratings