cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

FTTP Activation Date

Go to solution

Hi, I've recently ordered BT Fibre 500 and the activation date is 25/10. However after receiving my hub today I plugged it into the ONT box and it's working.

I'm getting a speed more around 150mb/s rather than 500 though, could this be due to the activation date and they haven't raised the cap yet?

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP Activation Date

Go to solution

I am surprised you have any connection before your planned activation but expect your connection speed to increase after your line has officially been activated

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP Activation Date

Go to solution

@Matty261 If BT has sent to you the activation of services date as 25/10 from that date you should receive the speed they have promised to you. Sometimes devices (the Ethernet card) have a cap of 100Mbits. I believe the best way to test the speed would be by using a mobile phone and going to a website called fast.com.

Although, after testing the speed on an uncapped device and the speed is below what BT promised you then you need to raise a fault. Please be aware BT will have to pay automatic compensation of £ 5.04 for each day the services are not provided until the day prior to when the problem is fixed.

0 Ratings