Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shahalum12
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

FTTP Availability Confusion

Hello all,

This is my first post, i hoping you guys can help me clear up something. I currently have up to 36 FTTC BT broadband. I am looking to upgrade to BT's FTTP.

According to openreach website exchange rollout section fibre-availability FTTP is available at my exchange (stechford), so why can't i but it through BT? 

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: FTTP Availability Confusion

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number but leave exchange and cab     https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
shahalum12
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

clipboard_image_0.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

as you can see there is no FTTP available to you

FTTP on Demand is something different and mainly for business due to cost

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
shahalum12
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

OK thank you. 

Is there anywhere that i can find out a more specific date for residential availability for FTTP?

Kind regards. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

only openreach have that information

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 10

If you go HERE and scroll down to the map it will give the locations due to commence FTTP upgrade for the next 3mths.

0 Ratings
IwasHappy
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Thanks for that map. One thing guaranteed to cheese of your customers is lack of information. Two things dropping your BB speed and saying its in contract
0 Ratings
shahalum12
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Hi, according to that map my area build for FTTP is complete but then they have note at the bottom saying "*Programme Build Complete refers to the exchanges where build has been largely completed as part of the FTTP Fibre First Towns, Cities and Boroughs Build Programme, but does not mean that services will be available from this date.

Its just so frustrating that i cant find out detailed information about the roll out. Does anyone know how long it take from the build being complete to services being offered to the public? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

post result from using dslchecker link I posted earlier

0 Ratings