cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

FTTP Availability and how to get it.

Go to solution

So basically I checked online broadband checkers for every provider under the sun. Every single one comes back with an average speeds of 1mbps/Down including BT. However, when I change my address to the house's on either side of me they can get average of 67mpbs/Down.

After checking this(broadbandchecker.btwholesale) website, it says that my address is avaiable for 'FTTP' with 300mbps/Down and 50mbps/Up. Yet when I'm on the BT website looking for packages it tells me I can't get anything but standard broadband.

As a gamer who also would love to start twitch streaming I require a minimum of 10mbps/Up to achieve this.

Therefore, I'm wanting to know how I can have 'FTTP' installed. I'm sure you can understand how annoying it is when I currently get 1mbps/Up. I've checked the Openreach website and they have had the same message for years now, saying fibre will be coming soon(clearly not when its been years ahaha).

If any one can help with this or even send me in the right direction I would be incredibly grateful.

@SeanD (I've tagged you as I've seen previously that you've been very helpful to people)
Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: FTTP Availability and how to get it.

Go to solution

Have you logged in and checked in the My BT web pages?
What offers do you see?

Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

From your post I assume you don't currently have a phone number and that is cause of problem. You need to place order with your selected ISP and then if available upgrade to fibre.

Enter your address and post results.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Some people think FTTP is available when it’s actually FTTPod shown, and that’s a different product, where the consumer pays to extend the OR FTTP network from the nearest aggregation node to their address, it can cost many thousands of ££’s and BT Consumer don’t offer that Openreach product ( so anyone considering it would have to use someone other than BT who do offer it )…..if ‘native’ OR FTTP is available then ISP’s that offer it ( BT being one ) will see the availability…the fact that ISP’s you checked with cannot see availability , suggests it’s FTTP on demand.

Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

After further research I've seen that it is FFTP on demand and after checking the price listings I can see that its very expensive. I appreciate the help but can I also ask are you aware of any other way I can get better internet or will I just have live with the fact that 1mbps down is all I can get . It just confuses me how my neighbours can get 67mbps down and we can't. Thanks again.

@iniltous 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Use the dslchecker link I posted earlier with your address and then post results this should show your availability

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

nmorgan1_0-1638219772636.png

Here is what comes up on the website checker.

@imjolly 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Which exchange and cabinet did it show at the top as you have deleted it

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

oh sorry thats my bad, The exchange is CROSSGAR and Cabinet Number is 11.

@imjolly 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
If your neighbours can get VDSL ( FTTC ) but you cannot could be a records issue ( incorrect data for your address ) ….is your area fed overhead , with that method it’s easy to see if you and your neighbours are served from the same distribution point , if underground it’s not so easy to tell….if you use the DSL checker , as well as for your address , do the same for your neighbours, if you are all on the same exchange and cabinet , and they can get FTTC then it would be odd if you couldn’t…if it’s shown as ‘waiting list’ , it just means that there are currently no spare ports in the cabinet ….if you post the DSL results, provide the entire page but obscure any personal data…if you don’t know your neighbours phone numbers or the numbers are LLU numbers ( Sky and Talk Talk ) then the address option would have to be used.
0 Ratings