cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

FTTP Availability

Hi,

Hoping somebody can help. I'm about to move house and the new property has FTTP available, at least I think it does. Openreach sent me an email stating as such, however when I check on their website (https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fibre-for-home) it states it is NOT available!

They provide a link listing some ultrafast providers which inculdes BT. The BT check syas FTTP is NOT available.

Another company is Aquiss. They say it IS available.

How can I find out for sure one way or another?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: FTTP Availability

as your new property does not have an active phone line your broadband choices do not appear as not on openreach database

now property should have installed an ONT like this and if so and you decide BT then phone FTTP team 08005874787

ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for the reply. I believe there is no ONT at the new property as the couple we are buying off are quite elderly and did not have one installed when Openreach were in the area.

Do I need to speak to Openreach to see if they can install one?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

No, you can't speak directly to Openreach, they only deal with ISPs or developers. Call the number @imjolly  posted

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Use the address checker HERE and post a screenshot of the result. Remove address before posting.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 15.08.19.png

 Hope that's legible

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Unfortunately, as you can see, there is a waiting list for FTTP which will require further infrastructure provision to fulfil. Your best bet is to speak to the FTTP team to find out if they have any information.