cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

FTTP Availability.

Go to solution

FTTP installation to the telegraph poles was completed in my street before Christmas 2020 and my son who is an open reach engineer of 10 years confirmed this. Ever since I have been trying to upgrade but keep being told its not yet available despite at least two of my neighbours having it.  On Thursday 12/08/21 my son tested the cabinet and told me it was 100% up and running and that two neighbours in my road already had it. So on Friday 13/08 I call again only to be told it is NOT available! I then get told that if I upgrade to HALO 3 Plus I will get a free upgrade so I signed up. Then got transfererred to an other operator who told me that he can see it is DEFINITELY available in my home and didn't know why I'd been told it wasn't. So "all you have to do is call on Tuesday after the Halo 3 plus order has completed and we will arrange the upgrade". So called Tuesday and guess what........got told "it's not yet available in my street" ! What on earth is going on?

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: FTTP Availability.

Go to solution

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

The stupid thing about all this is that BT have actually sent me an e-mail inviting me to upgrade to fttp and  when I click the link it tells me it is available but then at the ordering point that it's not. GrrrtThe stupid thing about all this is that BT have actually sent me an e-mail inviting me to upgrade to fttp and when I click the link it tells me it is available but then at the ordering point that it's not. Grrrt

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

Not sure what can be checked in a ‘cabinet’ on FTTP,  but if the pole that serves you has a CBT , and other neighbouring property’s have FTTP from that pole , it would seem to be incorrect address data that is affecting your ability to order it, as suggested , enter the returns from the wholesale checker , if currently a BT customer , use your phone number, but obscure it when you post the results 

You posted at the same time as me, are you a ADSL/FTTC BT customer ?

You can always use the address option rather that the phone number but potentially it’s less accurate 

Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

BT FTTP available 130821.JPGBT FTTP unavailable 130821.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

@ASM987 

not sure why checker does not work for you unless you are not a BT customer or you already have digital voice

try using your address and post results so we can see what is showing as available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution
Already a digital voice customer. Will try again.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

BB Check 210821.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

DV is probably the issue , although the phone number is a ‘BT’ number it won’t be recognised as such ( but it makes no difference to the promotional material BT sent out ) , DV on FTTC ( presumably what you are currently on ) is probably pretty rare and the online ordering portal won’t be able to respond, chances are you need to call the FTTP group ( not regular customer service )to progress your order

Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

you need to delete address

have you tried phoning the FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if they can help  checker certainly shows FTTP available to you