cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: FTTP Availability.

Go to solution
Thanks - never had this phone number before, just the standard contact number ending 150
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution
I got DV as part of a trial so that may expan things. Thanks for your reply.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

All sorted, FTTP ordered and being installed on the 16th Sep. Only way BT could do it was to close my old account down and treat me as a new customer then waive the cost of the equipment. Not ideal from their perspective I guess but for me a satisfactory result. Thanks everybody for your help - much appreciated. 🙂

Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

BT have only been around for 175 years, first known as The Electric Telegraph Company, which was formed in 1846 so naturally they’re still learning how to do simple things like providing a service!

Message 15 of 20

Go to solution
I chuckled at this but to be fair once I spoke to the lady at the Accrigton call centre she was SUPERB. Ive got a very good deal with all FREE kit so I'm well happy but appreciate the reply.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

Im having this exact same problem and its driving me crazy - what exactly did you do? We have had all the cables installed , had leaflets through the door telling us its available, its live on openreach's site, its live on the bt exchange checker, its live on bt website for my address but whenever im logged in it just doesnt show up. if i try to go ahead for it without being logged in it comes up with they cant take my order at the moment. If i go on zen internet its letting me order it with them, but anyone i speak to at bt after starting off with " yeah should be no problem " and putting my details in i get the dreaded pause then " oh it doesnt look like its available for you yet " its driving me round the bend, who did you end up calling?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

@chm2009 

try phoning the FTTP TEAM again and they should be able to help.  you will get someone different to last time

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution
Hi, I called the FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and got through to a BRILLIANT lady at the Accrington call centre. She looked at the history, saw that I've been with BT for over 30 years and been messed around regarding FTTP for best part of 8 months so with the authorisation of her manager she treated me as a "New" customer. The upside is that I get all new kit FOC (have to return the old stuff) plus get to keep my landline number and all email addresses linked to my account. The downside is that I will not get to watch all the recordings on my BT TV Box because they are not transferrable and the kit has to be returned, and I need to create a new "MyBT" id.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

Ok finally sorted and ordered, got through to someone who put me through to someone else who uses a different system and hes been able to order it, all through good package being installed 2nd sept, thanks all 

Message 20 of 20

Go to solution
Ok luckily Id told the guy that id seen someone with the same problem and thats what they had to do, and he said that theres one more thing he can try before going down that route and fortunately it worked!