cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tokyo72uk
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

FTTP Broadband, Kingswells, Aberdeen

Ordered Infinity 4 on 6th October. Was given an installation date of 18th October. Openreach Engineer did not turn up. Not even a phone call. Two of my neighbours had installation dates for the same week with the same outcome. Supposedy shortage of equipment (i.e. ONT's). Took a day off work especially which is truly annoying. Surely they would have know about this beforehand. Have been given a new date of 14th November. No confidence that this will happen. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
tokyo72uk
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: FTTP Broadband, Kingswells, Aberdeen

Phoned BT about new install date on Saturday and we agreed 8th Nov. Phoned Monday to confirm and they advised me that it did not go through. Got another date of 14th. Phoned today to confirm and told me that they have a note of my call and date but also did not go through properly. He put it through the system again for the 14th. What is going on?
0 Ratings
Winstonedd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

could be a number of reasons, even due to delivery.

The engineer i spoke to mentioned that they get a delivery every 2 weeks to either their exchange or a central place and that quite often even though they have parts on order they quite often dont turn up and then there is another 2 week wait for the delivery for the Engineers to pick up.

It could also be down to no light being available at the DP yet or no capacity at the exchange (although im sure the latter is more appropriate for fttc as opposed ot fttp)

Keep ordering and just ask the Fibre Team to give you a reason as to why it was cancelled as they can chase up with Openreach, i personally found more results by speaking to the connections Team for queries and the FTTP Team didnt appear to give any more answers than i would expect from any other team

cheers

0 Ratings
lainne
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for your responses.  How do we get in touch with the connections team?  I keep getting excuses for why final connection appointment is changed from fttp team.  Sadly, they don't even tell us, yet expect us to be at home for the whole day. 

We have the cable indoors and tested by their installation team for the outdoor portion, yet now I'm told there is external work to the property needed, but they don't know what.  WHAT!

0 Ratings
sparkymark75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

See that's what annoys me. If something is ready to be ordered, then that should be the end of it. Why are we having cases where an order is placed, the engineer visits on the day to do the install but can't as "further external work is required". And you're just supposed to accept it and wait the weeks/months they take to sort it out.

Since when did this become acceptable customer service? And surely if OR do work to lay fibre, why leave it unfinished? They're not going to make any money out of it half done.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Winstonedd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

i just rung the number i was given for FTTP (0800 587 4787) and asked to go through to the connections Team.

Im afraid i had the same, I honestly Believe the staff have no idea as to what truely is the issue, and this is honestly ok as its a fairly new product with very few customers in comparison to other services, however i would rather them say they dont know the issue as to making up issues whicih change.

I had an order delayed then cancelled and every week it was explained as a different reason and always advised the the previouos info i was given was wrong

No capacity at exchange -> Council needs to give permission for the works to be done (works were already done) -> Variable in my address that needs to be sorted -> no issues, just cancelled

Most of this was from the FTTP Team themselves, whilst they are setup to deal with FTTP orders i honestly didnt get much more info that what anybody else in any other department could offer other than Connections Team who were able to give me more of an answer as to what is happening

I cant say much of the external work if it is to do with splicing, my connection was with the new connecterized method which means they literally plug and play to some extend and no spicing is carried out. this enabled the whole process to be done in one visit

Kind regards

0 Ratings