cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

FTTP Broadband installed on Monday but BT unable to install phone line - HELP?

Got Fibre installed on Monday after a couple of weeks delay due to issues getting the fibre to my property.  Ordered BB, Phone & TV was told phone would be Digital Voice and phone no. would be transferred from my existing provider (Plusnet).

BB & TV working fine but no Digital Voice.  Phone still seems to be working with Plusnet.

Spoke to BT 4 times today with no joy so hoping someone in here can help as call centres (Fibre team) appear unable to escalate.

Issue appears to be due to the delay in getting the fibre installed as phone was set to transfer on original install date of 2nd Sep but this failed as new line not ready so they need to place new voice order but can’t do it as the previous failed order cannot be cancelled.

Been told it is a Plusnet issue, so spoke to them and they say no we can see no request to transfer your line.  Also been told that as I’m not a new build can’t  get Digital Voice and phone will use Cu line, not bothered about that but why take an initial Digital Voice order for me if the line can’t take it?

Now stuck still paying Plusnet just for a phone line (they won’t cancel Broadband) and this price will shoot up in few days when my deal comes to an end.

What should I do to get my BT phone line running as both BT and Plusnet blaming each other despite being part of same organisation!

Looks like phone line is just an afterthought for Fibre installs and if it doesn’t go through when BB is activated your stuck with BT unable to provide a phone line.

No idea what to do next to resolve, any suggestions?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTP Broadband installed on Monday but BT unable to install phone line - HELP?

I read the reason BT Consumer had stopped Digital Voice Orders was because there was an issue with Importing Numbers but that it has now been resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: FTTP Broadband installed on Monday but BT unable to install phone line - HELP?

Clearly not in my case told they can only offer Cu for phone despite my fibre broadband all being up and running.

Odd they accepted Digital Voice order for me and only discover after the fibre broadband is in and running that it won’t work.

Told today the order has now been placed so 2 week wait for phone.  Bit nervous given the transfer has failed so many times in last few days.  Let’s see what happens come 30th September...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Just the usual incompetence then. 

Funnily enough Sky have only been doing FTTP less than a year over Openreaches FTTP Network yet have been providing VOiP to all their FTTP Customers from the start. 

Odd how they can seem to get it right in such a short space of time yet BT whose been using Openreaches FTTP for years now still can’t even work out how to Import Numbers from one system to another without the whole thing crashing.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

When I placed order (1st Aug) BT was only option however Sky now also offering it now.

Tempted to just give up on BT and just move to Sky due to the complete mess they have made of my order.

However as my phone is currently with Plusnet and my BB now with BT I imagine trying to move across from 2 different providers will be complex so stick waiting for BT to sort this.

Must say my confidence in the phone moving from Plusnet to BT on 30th Sep as my latest order states is low, not sure what I do next.  I seem stuck paying Plusnet a higher price just for a phone as am now out of contract.

Getting to the point where wonder whether having a landline is worth the hassle and just stick with BB, but shouldn’t have to no longer have a landline due to BT incompetence.

Final question of Sky could do DV on my lobe how come BT can’t?  Is this a better Sky router or do they have better equipment in the exchanges to ensure DV is available for all Fibre customers?

0 Ratings