cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

FTTP CBT Box

Go to solution

So yesterday i had a engineer come out to install FTTP, he opened up several covers along the front of the row of houses where we live and said he couldn't find our CBT box underground.

he had a piece of paper that said it should be box number xxx and the nearest box to that was xxx the difference was 1 letter 1 was a P and the other was a B, he felt it was a typo as it was the nearest box to sounding like what was on his paper.

he didnt make any effort to discover if it was or wasn't and just said i don't know so i cant do it and left.

there is blue rope tied to our house and if you pull the rope he said he can see the cables move.

needless to say i have had to book another engineer to come out and see if he can do the Job, apart from that im at a lost of what else can be done.

the engineer said BT would have to come and do it, which i said that's why your here because BT wont come out themselves and then he said i'll have to find out the co-ordinates to where our CBT box is, how do i do that and where do i find that info.

im guessing that wont be easy and i'd have thought open reach would have that info, he wasnt direct from open reach he was a 3rd party ML or LM something

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: FTTP CBT Box

Go to solution

He was obviously a 3rd party contractor. BT won't have to come out to do anything, they have no control or knowledge of the network, that is all in Openreaches purview.

Give the FTTP team a ring. 0800 587 4787

Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

is that number for BT or openreach, thank you for your reply

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

That is BT's team who will liase with Openreach for you.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

that's great thank you

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Well engineer came again today and the same problem can’t find the right box, however he has found that some sort of ID number is incorrect and needs to be changed.

anyone have an Idea what ID number there talking about that needs to be changed and how long it takes....thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

It will be either ALID (Access Line ID) or  BBEU (Broadband  Service ID) at a guess.

As it sounds like it was an Openreach engineer this time then it will be done within 5 working days. Possibly tomorrow if the report gets in in time.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

No it was someone from MJ Quinn again.

i don’t know what ID he was talking about he just said I found the CBT box that leads to your house, there no blockage and the blue pull rope is there.

its just the ID is wrong and it needs changing and I’ll send that over. 

I don’t know any more than that 

edit: does anyone know if someone has to come back out to the box to Do the ID thing or is it done Electronically from Openreach 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

@Starwire  Will possibly know. See if he drops in.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

That’ll be great if he has some answers Thank you 

0 Ratings