cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: FTTP Church Gresley

Go to solution

thanks but can anyone in BT Openreach advise as VM are on their way as I am seeing them working in the streets and Ideally I would like to stick with them 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution

as I said already this is a BT Retail forum and there is no contact from here to openreach  try this

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/questions-about-fibre-availability

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

@Huskydog

BT Openreach do not exist. Its just Openreach that provide the connection. BT Retail is simply a Service Provider, and they are the ones that operate this BT Retail customer forum.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

thanks for the information but does anyone understand the programme for Church Gresley box 50 

I have noticed the new grey chambers are now appearing and look forward to the new service soon but ideally would like to understand the programme so I can decide as VM are also installing 

thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

As pointed out multiple times, this is a BT Retail forum where there is no more information about Openreach's plans than there is on Sky, Talk Talk or any other ISP's forum.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution
thanks again for your information but if I was a retailer I would make sure I understand when a new product would be available - it appears from what you have said BT have no idea of what is happening and when FTTP will be available
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

Why would you expect members on this forum to know when a private company, Openreach, will update their infrastructure and then notify commercial Internet Providers such as BT Retail that the product is available for purchase.

It would make more sense if you do as suggested and contact Openreach and ask them directly or you could of course ask the other Internet Providers if they have any information that they may wish to share with you.

If you get an answer please post back and let the forum members know the result.

Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

I have managed to contact Openreach and they have confirmed the date of completion - estimated as detailed below:

Thanks for your recent enquiry via the Openreach website about getting faster broadband.   

I’ve looked into your enquiry and the great news is that we will have some fantastic connectivity options for your home.

Box 50 Church Gresley new estate.

I can see the fibre equipment you’re connected to is getting an upgrade. This will give you  fibre to the premises.

Our engineering will take place over the coming months. If everything goes to plan, fibre broadband should be available to order by the end of April 2022

shame it next year but at least we have a date !!

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

Looks like the works are progressing with NMC doing the install !!

If you live in the area make sure you register 

Full Fibre | FTTP Broadband | Fibre to the Premises | BT

IMG_5116a.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

Just had a chat to the vm cable install team and it appears BT has rented their duct network to VM and they have now completed their cable install - Received a text from VM this  morning confirming the install and they would be ready to install fttp to the home in a few weeks time - shame BT didn't get the option sorted as well as I have been with them for years and would have like to continue with their lines - VM however are offering 350meg and 20meg up so may have to convert.

0 Ratings