cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Killy119
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

FTTP Consumer access point

Hi just order infinty 3 pacakage and have a query on the consumer access point. Entry into the house is via overhead cable. Will the engineer be able to install the box at the apex of the roof were the existing telephone cable enters the house. Don’t want cables running up the walls and may have to cancel as read the box must be at ground level. Any help appreciated.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Winstonedd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTP Consumer access point

my engineer travelled down the rear of the guttering pipe and matched the cable ties to the colou rof the pipe. fairly neat job and nice and discreet until at the bottom where it travels along the wall low to the ground and into my lounge (was able to choose where i wanted it to enter)

i was the new connecterized method so didnt need a CSP either.

any possibility this can be done to yours?

0 Ratings
Killy119
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the info. Can’t get bt to give me much information. Looks like we have to wait for Openreach to contact us to see how to do the install. Our current copper cable comes via overhead pole to the peak of the roof then into the attic to an upstairs store,hoping the fibre cable will do the same. Just not sure if they can place the csp up high as there is no guttering to hide the cable behind and don’t fancy it running up and down the gable end.
0 Ratings
Winstonedd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Im not sure, however if its connecterized there is no CSP and they simply go through a hole in your wall (i got them to drill a new one other side of Window)  so may be able to do the same.

If it is the splicing method then they will need a CSP but i am unsure of what the requirements for the CSP would be for engineer access

sorry i couldnt share any more information

0 Ratings