Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Garystan1985
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

FTTP/FTTH installation problems

Go to solution

Hi, I just have a couple of questions regarding my FTTP order if anyone can help. 

I placed an order for FTTP about 6 weeks ago via BT. Openreach visited about 3 weeks later only for them to say that they cannot install due to our overhead line being to long in distance. We had various problems due which I won't go into great detail about after switching providers and then being left without any internet connection whatsoever. We then placed a order with bt as agreed to have FTTC activated and then we would place the FTTP again which has been done. 

My questions are: openreach have stated that a new carrier pole is required to provide the service to our property. Who covers the cost of this as we took a package deal through BT? 

Secondly: Does anyone have any knowledge of how long it would take for a carrier pole to be installed? We live on a very busy main road. I'll also attach the results from the bt dsl checker website for your info. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Garystan1985
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: FTTP/FTTH installation problems

Go to solution

Screenshot_20191009-011841_Chrome_compress27.jpg

0 Ratings
Garystan1985
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Screenshot_20191009-011904_Chrome_compress31.jpg

0 Ratings
Starwire
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Because it’s an upgrade there is no cost to yourself.

brookheather
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

If OR need traffic lights to be installed for the new pole expect a delay - can be weeks depending on the local authority.  You can check the https://one.network/ website (formerly known as roadworks.org) for details of upcoming roadworks in your area.

Garystan1985
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you for that info.
0 Ratings
Garystan1985
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution