cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpa1
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

FTTP Fibre in my street but not to my property.

Hello

Hopefully someone can help. I notice reading through the message boards that other people encounter similar problems. 

We have just purchased a new flat, in a 3 year old new-build of 4 Flats. This sits on a street in Newquay that is almost all terraced houses (at least 40+ years old); apart from our 4 flats in one new-build and another two flats further along the street.

All the houses can access/get or order super fast FTTP fibre. The two properties containing the flats cannot.  Even a patch of land, that used to be a property, but now is just a flat piece of mud can order fibre. All enquiries with BT and Openreach and FTTP team have led to ‘no, sorry’…..
However, as all my neighbours can get fibre, I am pretty sure this is a issue either with us being flats? Or on a database somewhere? And we are pretty OK with paying a premium or extra to get the fibre line into ours. 

My neighbours all look like this -

neighbour.png

Ours like this -

us.png

We are on the same Cabinet 8.

Can anyone please help or advise where we could possibly take this further?
Thanks in advance.
Craig
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: FTTP Fibre in my street but not to my property.

Use this form to contact Openreach. If you get an automated reply keep resending it until a person replies    https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d

The problem may well stem from what the developer hasn't done, mainly not approaching Openreach to get FTTP installed in the first place and they have just left things as copper only as there was no FTTC available - probably on costs back then.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 3 of 7

Due to the development being only 4 flats the developer would have had to pay Openreach to supply FTTP. I can't see the cost being too great as the area has FTTP.

Try contacting you local councillor or MP they may be able to get something done for you.

0 Ratings
cpa1
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Thanks. Have filled out the form. I note the 28 days to get back to you on the form. Having installed a leased line in a business premises before, which took 18 months of similar timescale responses, I do not expect a speedy solution......but thanks for the link to the form.
0 Ratings
Starwire2000
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

A Leased Line is different. That’s a dedicated Fibre line from the Head End all they way to the premises. Unlike FTTP it’s not Split between properties.
0 Ratings
cpa1
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

>A Leased Line is different. That’s a dedicated Fibre line from the Head End all they way to the premises. Unlike FTTP it’s >not Split between properties.

Oh. Sure. I know that very well - I have one (now!!!) in my office but the point was just that - I spent more than three thousand, in install charges and over £500 a month for that line and it still took Openreach 18 months to sort and install. What hope do I have with a residential line that I will be paying around £30 for. The waiting time in sorting stuff like this, albeit a first world problem, is mind bogglingly slow.

0 Ratings
Starwire2000
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

As mentioned it’s the Developer who should’ve arranged with a Openreach during Build process to put Fibre in. They’ve obviously not to save on costs as Openreach will only provide it free for 30+ households.

It’s quite common for Developers to cut corners, the workmanship I see on pretty much all new builds is beyond substandard.
0 Ratings