cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brutos
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

FTTP Go Live Challenges

I just moved into a new build with FTTP, ONT was installed before I moved in which was the 29/06.

Called FTTP sales team and they told me I would have to wait for Openreach to sign off site which they did by the next week, I also gave the sales team the serial number on my ONT and told them PON light isn’t stable still flashing(Wasn’t aware what this meant until I did a bit of research after my go live date see below).

My address then showed on BT site that FTTP is available.  I ordered on the 8th of July and was given 12th of July for activation, PON Light still flashing. On the 12th of July got text midday that there was an issue, and I need a Openreach engineer, earliest appointment was on the 25th July which was painful and frustrating as this was holding me back from moving in as I work from home some days.

Engineer turned up before time which was very good 8am appointment, was at my door at 7:57am, tested fibre stated signal was coming down the fibre, and within 10 minutes PON light was stable after scanning the serial number.  Once the light was stable he tried to get the connection switched on, but BT cancelled my original order (ULTRAFAST FIBRE 2 PLUS) because of issue so I called the FTTP team once engineer left and place another other for same day activation.

Now the good and bad news, good by around 10:15AM the connection was live I have internet and bad I am stuck at 74Mbps which appears to be a FTTC profile.

I called the FTTP team again regarding this and was told they will have to manually put my connection on the correct profile. I don’t have much confidence in this happening at all which is why I came here.

Is there anyone who can get this pushed through and get profile switched please?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: FTTP Go Live Challenges

everything to do with your FTTP is dealt with by FTTP team and mods on here cannot help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Brutos
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Thanks, i havent had any dealings with BT for about 10 years and now i know why, absolutely hopeless.

I was warn to go with Zen and I may just do so and cancel with BT as am in my 14 day cool off period

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 8

Hi @Brutos,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your FTTP profile.

If you are able to private message me your account number I'll have look into the issue for you. Thank you,

BT TV expertGemma
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Brutos
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Thanks I will send you a private message

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Is it a brand new build and you’re the first person in?

From what I’ve been told because BT paid for FTTP to be installed on New Builds they have exclusivity for the first 12 Months in order to make their money back so I don’t think you’ll be able to go with Zen yet.
0 Ratings
Brutos
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

I am in last in, its not exclusive to BT only I can go with any FTTP provider available BT just so happens to be the cheapest.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Sorry I meant first person in as in are you’re the first person to live in that house. Not are you the first person to buy a house on the Development.

Been to quite a few new builds with FTTP and the residents said they had to go with BT for the first 12 months.

All of these were Social Housing so maybe the Developer let BT bear the brunt of the cost. It’s difficult to get a straight answer out of them as like most they’re easily influenced by what others tell them.
0 Ratings