cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

FTTP Huawei Openreach ONT - New Build - Where would the Router be plugged in?

Hello there.

Moving into a new build property in a few months which has access to FTTP Broadband.

Looking at showhomes they all have the new type Openreach Huawei ONT's placed in the storage cupboard under the stairs.

Just wondering if somebody can point me in the right direction as the sales agent was unsure of the setup himself as well as the main socket.

The property has 1 telephone point in the Lounge and 1 telephone point in an upstairs bedroom.

I have provided a photo below of the ONT under the stairs which also has a telephone port which is taken up by the ONT box. 

My question is where would the BT Home Hub be placed?  Will it somehow connect to the ONT box (where the telephone point is used by the ONT) and be placed under the stairs (not ideal) or will i be able to place the BT Home Hub in the Living Room where there is a telephone point? or even upstairs where there is another telephone point?

Hope I have explained myself clearly.  Thanks in advance.

20180714_133741.jpg

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTP Huawei Openreach ONT - New Build - Where would the Router be plugged in?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 4

Re: FTTP Huawei Openreach ONT - New Build - Where would the Router be plugged in?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

@gg30340wrote:

Have a read through this thread

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/New-build-house-and-position-of-BT-hub/m-p/1868...

@pippincp wrote:

This developers guide may be useful.

https://www.ournetwork.openreach.co.uk/resources/site1/General/Downloads/Fibre_Handbk_V7_Web.pdf

Thanks for the replies.
The Handbook is quite detailed, looks like im going to have to run a very long ethernet cable from the ONT to the lounge (not great) unless I get the builder to install a network port next to the ONT and install some network ports in the lounge

0 Ratings