cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sk_spooky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

FTTP - Hub 6 keeps going offline randomly

Over the past few weeks I've noticed my BT super fast hub (Hub 6) has become more unstable. Randomly every day or couple of days it goes orange, then flashes purple. Sometimes it come back blue other times I have to restart the hub or turn it off and on again.

This morning it wasn't coming back at all so I ended up swapping it back to my pre FTP fibre hub (Hub 4) which seems to have got me back online.

Everytime this has happened I've looked at the fibre box in my house and it always shows a green status. So I don't know if it's just the Hub that has developed a fault or not.

This is now becoming a regular issue and I really need it resolved. Any ideas? Do I just need to contact BT for a replace Hub?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTP - Hub 6 keeps going offline randomly

First.

Try a factory reset of the home hub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/%7E/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-set...

Then turn off smart setup.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

If the problem persists, then, provided you are still in a contract, ask BT for a replacement home hub.

Bear in mind that its a special version of the home hub, so you will need to contact the FTTP team for a replacement.

If the HH3 works, then just use that, or use your own wireless router.

0 Ratings
sk_spooky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Do you have a contact number of the FTTP team if I need to call them?
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@sk_spooky wrote:
Do you have a contact number of the FTTP team if I need to call them?

0800 587 4787.

0 Ratings