cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richyboy1974
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 32

FTTP Infinity 2 only 10mbps upload issue?

Go to solution
Hi everyone, I hope someone here can shed some light on an issue I think I have with FTTP Infinity 2.

Ive been on Infinity 1 for a year and decided to upgrade to infinity 2. However, I'm only still getting 10mbps upload. I believed that FTTP Infinity 2 was 76/20?

I'm also having issues running the speed test diagnostic because of BT ID saying it's not linked to an account, this is something I'll post about in a different thread.

Anyway, I hope someone knows why this issue with the upload speed is happening.

Many thanks,

Rich
0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 32

Re: FTTP Infinity 2 only 10mbps upload issue?

Go to solution
if you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

The stats for the Home Hub 6 can be found on the Information page from http://192.168.1.254 then Advanced Settings -> Technical Log. 

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Can you use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.
http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
0 Ratings
Richyboy1974
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 32

Go to solution

There are no stats as such under helpdesk as you can see, is this because its FTTP?

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:Removed
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 25/03/16
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. WAN:PPP Connected
6. Data sent/received:625.1 MB / 9.4 GB
7. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
8. BT Wi-fi:Yes
9. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:BTHub5-N983
10. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
11. 2.4 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
12. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel:13

The availability checker shows no info for my number, again is this because I'm FTTP?

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Welcome to the Broadband Availability checker. This will provide a provisional check of your ability to receive reliable Broadband services.

Please enter your telephone number.

There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line.

The BTW Performance Test shows:

Download Speed (Mbps): 75.77

Upload Speed (Mbps): 10.11

Ping Latency(ms): 18.63

If I click the 'Further Diagnostics' and put my details in it says 'Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.'

Rich

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 32

Go to solution

There are no stats on the HH5 if it's connected to a modem, and that modem is connected to the broadband. What modem do you have? Can you get the stats from that?

With an upload of 10.11Mbps it would suggest the modem has a 'sync' speed higher than 10Mbps though, and your line has a higher than 10Mbps 'rate limit' that Infinity 1 has.

Regards 

0 Ratings
Richyboy1974
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 32

Go to solution

It's the Openreach Fibre modem and as far as I know, there is no way of retreiving information from it.

OR.png

Rich

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 32

Go to solution

Take a look at the base and see what model it is. If it's an HG612 3B then it may be unlocked already, but if not, it's a simple task. See Unlocking the Huawei HG612 and Huawei HG612 FTTC Modem & Line Stats for details.

Regards

0 Ratings
Richyboy1974
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 32

Go to solution
I don't have FTTC, I have FTTP.
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 32

Go to solution

Apologies.... I need to read the subject and what you posted a little better Smiley Embarassed

0 Ratings
Richyboy1974
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 32

Go to solution
That's OK, thank you for taking the time with your suggestions!
0 Ratings
Richyboy1974
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 32

Go to solution

Well, yet again I've spent time trying to talk to BT FTTP.  Ross told me there is a 10 day stabilisation period (didn't think there was on FTTP, just FTTC?) then kindly reset my line to force the new speed while I was on the phone to him..... Ummm, this is FTTP so you just cut me off, brilliant!

This is why I've come on here to ask, waiting in extremely long queues on the phone, passed from pillar to post and then cut off so you have to go over it all again with someone new.

So frustrated, at least this forum seems to get problems sorted in the end (hopefully!).

Sorry, rant over.

0 Ratings