cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

FTTP Install - N Ireland Install Horror but a good ending and 2 top noch open reach

Ok So hats Off to Michael And Graeme from open reach BT Screwed up and didn't have the order showing as Live on the system for them to do the install. 

But they actually got out their spades and dig up the garden , they thought they may have had to cancel all together but the two lads stuck with it and got the fibre to my door step. They thought it would have to cancel and require a digger team to come out. But they worked their magic cant fault the guys

The internal engineer is now coming 2 Moro. The issues with this was I was meant to have a visit a week ago on the 24th to do the survey but BT never updated me till this week that it was cancelled. And they where trying to force Openreach to do internal and external work today.

Does anybody know an email at open reach as I got their EAN numbers and want to send a letter of thanks to their boss.

I just feel one thing would help is if open reach allowed them to retain the jobs apparently its still the same unless they get approval the cant work on a job tomorrow. If that was changed could let allot of these things work out quicker.

But for now I have to sit and wait tomorrow in the open the internal engineer will come I have a confirmation text with BT to say that is the case.

Oh by the way the only reason I got my fibre cable, where i wanted it was because it wouldn't fish through my socket so if yours is free you may be out of luck I'm Belfast

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: N Ireland Install Horror but a good ending and 2 top noch open reach guys did their best even di

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Re: N Ireland Install Horror but a good ending and 2 top noch open reach guys did their best even di

Cant fault them thats not their remit to get out spades their just usually survey team. But they did cause BT put them into a brick wall basically
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

How did BT put them into a brick wall? Once the order is submitted (as it obviously had been) Openreach then arrange the survey and install, it is out of BT's hands.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

The order was not marked as Live by Bt in there systems. The open reach guys where not obligated to do it according to them it was a survey only it was by who promised install today not open reach !

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

I think there was a bit of Irish Blarney going on there. You're getting sorted though.🤣

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Actually No from Belfast so Uk barney lol im not Irish am a uk citizen.

Afraid not when i logged into the portal it now says Friday 4th to finish the install when I was promised by Openreach last night their control room that it would be finished today am actually quite disgusted how this has been tossed about and bt not keeping to dates.

I wish I had a recording of the bt calls but I do have an sms text message as proof which the agent at the call centre said that they couldn't see.

I thought with them moving back to uk call centres this process would have been easy

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Question they just left the cable coiled up cause they thought they would be in the next day they only put black tape around it i put my bins where the cable is so hopefully cats, or rats dont get to it but should i do something with the cable to protect it until next friday? The black sleave is on the cable ok

Like put a plastic bag around the cable or something am just worried about the rain affecting the cable where it is but hopefully the bins should give it enough shelter.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Stop worrying, it won't be a problem. It has to be cut back and spliced anyway.

0 Ratings