cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

FTTP Install - New entry point

Hi All

I'm due to have FTTP installed on the 26th March. Openreach have attended and pulled through a long section of fibre optic cable through an underground duct which is positioned at the side of my property next to the existing copper entry point. 

I want the new cable to enter my property about 8m away from the current entry point in my study where the current wifi router is position, I also want the optical unit positioned in the study too. 

Question - Will the engineer be happy to run the cable from the current position to the new entry point 8m away and also be able to dig a shallow duct underneath 4-5 paving slabs?

Or in preparation, should I purchase some ducting lift the slabs and burying the cable myself ready for the engineering to drill through the wall and fit the optical unit?

Appreciate advice on the best way forward.

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: FTTP Install - New entry point

No, the Openreach Engineer and or one of their Contractors will not lift your paving slabs and put down duct. They will only cleat it to the outside wall, if you want it put under the paving slabs you’ll have to do it yourself.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Starwire

I'd rather not have the cable cleated to the wall as it will have to go around the front door.

I think I will take your advice and use ducting after the install. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

How are you going to be able to put the fibre cable into the ducting after install?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi 

At the moment I'm planning to use some split ducting which had a slit down the side and is flexible, then secure with wire ties before placing into the small trench I plan to dig underneath the slabs. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

If you got outside and laid the ducting now then I'm sure they'd be happy to pull it through when they come to complete the install, it'd save the effort later and reduce any chance of you damaging the cable.

0 Ratings