cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

FTTP Install process

Hi so I am getting FTTP installed into my house, and I’m just wondering could anyone clarify the installation process? I have dug an underground track for the wiring duct just to make it easier on the bank account. So now the duct is installed, what do they do next? Do they put a small box outside the house and one inside the house? How does this work? What is the size of the one outside the house? Would I be able to bury the wires going into this outside box into the wall and cement over it?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: FTTP Install process

Why are you digging? FTTP is installed FOC. If you currently have an copper line underground feed the same ducting is likely to be used. If your copper is overhead then FTTP will again most likely to be overhead.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Lol right, because I didn’t want it overhead and my previous underground copper was buried in the ground without ducting. It’s an old house. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

You don't get a choice of overhead or underground, it will be supplied to your property by whichever means your area is served by fibre.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

I literally got the choice..? First visit from BT/Openreach an engineer checked possible routes form the nearest pole to the house. And because I didn’t want overhead (as there is a lot of overhead cables already), I asked for underground installation. Then BT/Openreach sent a surveyor out to check length and ducting etc. And I opted to do the work myself. Anyway this is irrelevant, I’m just looking to know what is the story with the outside box from FTTP. What’s its purpose? Dimensions? Is it discrete? Could I conceal the wiring associated with it?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

BT Fibre to the Home outside box question

Hi I’m just looking info or a photo of the box that is installed outside the home.

I’m talking about the box that is mention here: “First of all, we'll connect a fibre cable to a small box that we'll fix to your outside wall, close to where your phone line enters your home. We'll drill a small hole in your wall to push the cable through, before covering it tidily with the box.”

Could you give me rough dimensions or a photo would be great help. TIA

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Re: BT Fibre to the Home outside box question

Not all FTTP has an outside box (CSP).

Why do you keep making new posts about fibre install?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Have you been told a customer splice point is going to be fitted or will it be a CTB connection.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Re: BT Fibre to the Home outside box question

I’ve made 2 posts including this one. And I’m making them because I’m trying to get some information. I don’t know why no one can help me on this, you all seem to just provide useless and arrogant answers. It’s crazy
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

I’ve been told there is a box to go outside 

0 Ratings