cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

FTTP Install?

Go to solution

I've recently had a letter through the door telling me I can now get ultrafast Full Fibre 900 compared to my current best at 20Mb. I'm hoping someone call help me with some questions over this?

1) If I order I assume I get fibre run in to the property at no extra cost?

2) Does this utilise existing entrances/boxes or do I need more?

3) Does the old copper line get removed?

4) What happens  in the future if I decide to revert to Fibre 1, is this allowed and would I now get the full 50Mb given it's using fibre not copper?

5) Same as above but can I still order the standard fibre products with other provides?

TY 😁

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTP Install?

Go to solution

@ATTwrote:

I've recently had a letter through the door telling me I can now get ultrafast Full Fibre 900 compared to my current best at 20Mb. I'm hoping someone call help me with some questions over this?

1) If I order I assume I get fibre run in to the property at no extra cost?

Correct

2) Does this utilise existing entrances/boxes or do I need more?

No, an ONT needs to be fitted.

3) Does the old copper line get removed?

No.

4) What happens  in the future if I decide to revert to Fibre 1, is this allowed and would I now get the full 50Mb given it's using fibre not copper?

You can order Fibre 1 from the start if that's all you want. You would get full 50Mb

5) Same as above but can I still order the standard fibre products with other provides?

As long as the other provider supplies those products via FTTP then yes, no reason why not.

TY 😁

An ONT.

fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

You can order Fibre 1 from the start if that's all you want. You would get full 50Mb

Thanks

Given I am already on fibre 1 with 20Mb how would you get BT to change it over to fttp or is it done automatically where available if you place a new order?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Just place an order for FTTP, call the FTTP team 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings