cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

FTTP - Installation Live dates

Is there any where that BT lists its expected dates for FTTP do go live.

I think they are currently installing it in my road - lots of vans and work at the cabinets and up the poles with new boxes and cables.  We had Virgin Media run fibre in the last 18 months so we think BT has decided to cover us.

I have looked at the tracker and it says FTTP On Demand is available but underneath then says FTTP is unavailable - so as clear as mud to a novice like me.

BT Sales have no idea, just say keep an eye on the website - why can't BT be more pro-active. Virgin were already leafleting and knocking on doors before it had been finished trying to get people to sign up. BT on the other hand NOT. 

Also, how is it installed. Do they run a fibre wire from the pole to my home (seen something about a box outside) then a wire into the house and to my router.  Only asking as BT line in box is very old and wire then goes around door frame and through a wall into our sitting room and into the master socket thingy, which the router is plugged into.  Would they change the access point for the incoming wire so it can come direct into the sitting room instead  of by our back door.  Only asking as it might be trickery getting the new wire through as we have panelling now on the wall. Plus the connection point is above a 'conservatory' so difficult to access and there is no socket in the hall to plug the router into either or a phone. Does the box on the outside have to be at high level or low level or doesn't it matter ?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: FTTP - Installation Live dates

BT wouldn’t leaflet drop because it’s not their Product, it’s Openreaches.

They may leaflet drop but it depends on whether it’s Openreaches own FTTP or if it’s BDUK, in which case they can’t leaflet drop or advertise it in anyway as it goes against BDUK Rules.

You'll just need to keep checking the BT Wholesale and or Openreach Checker.