cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

FTTP Installation Question

Hi there,

I'm due to have FTTP installed in mid-December, but have some questions regarding the process. The Broadband Checker says: Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Proven Clear and 1 Stage - I'd like to understand what this means in specific to my installation.

The property itself is located a few 100m into a park so does the above indicate that the only work the engineer needs to do is at the actual property site (ie: drilling through the exterior wall and installing the ONT)? My concern is if the work to extend the fibre to my property begins at the streetside, they'll need to run the fibre through the park which likely requires some additional coordination on my end. 

The other question was that the building is listed - any one have experience with getting fibre installed to a listed building? I've reached out to the planning folks to be safe, but was curious if others had experience. 

Sorry if basic questions - appreciate any help! 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTP Installation Question

UG = Underground so there must already be  duct so the fibre will be pulled through that. Then drilled through and ONT fitted.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for clarifying, I suppose the other piece that confused me a bit is when I looked at the cabinet level info, for my postcode and cabinet I see: 11% area up to 30MB, 88% area less than 30MB, 27% area less than 10MB. Whereas the rest (or most) of the postcodes on that cabinet I see: 100% area up to 300MB. 

Is that expected or am I just reading something wrong? It is a rather small (# of houses wise) post code so could that mean those folks haven't requested full fibre as of yet? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I assume you are using codelook. The %speed coverage is only for ADSL, VDSL & G.Fast not FTTP.

0 Ratings