cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

FTTP Installation - Takeover From Community Fibre

Hello Everyone,

I am moving to a new rental property and have seen that the premises is Full Fibre 900 Elligible. I instructed a Home Move and Also Upgraded my current package (Fibre 2). I was then messaged by Openreach regarding the installation of the small junction box saying they need to drill two very small hols into the external wall of the premises. The Landlord is not really happy to do this as they already have Community Fibre installed there. My questions is, if the Openreach Engineer comes out, will they be able to reuse the existing Community Fibre box or replace it in a way that will not cause additional holes to be drilled into the premises. It is very hard to find concrete confirmation of this online anywhere but could be the difference between me getting ultrafast broadband or not! Thank you in advance for any help or guidance you can provide.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: FTTP Installation - Takeover From Community Fibre

Community fibre is a separate provider so opeenreach won't use any of their equipuiment.

TBH this makes me wonder what training involves anyway as I thought an employee should know this basic info

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi Gary, I work in the Consumer Digital team on the EE brand and specifically on the EE ID Customer Experiences. so a very different field of work.

It does say on the Community Fibre website this 'We have permission to utilise existing Openreach cable ducts. In most cases, this will allow us to run our fibre optic cables directly to your property.'

Community Fibre’s installation process

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@jamiebell 

The fact that Community Fibre may use some OR infrastructure doesn't meant that OR will use Community Fibre's infrastucture.

Why would you want BT Fibre over Community Fibre which is ultrafast & to me seems a better deal.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@caravanj 

I think that being an EE/BT employee will provide a discount on BT broadband but not community fibre

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I would assume being on the digital team you would know that any Alt Net that uses PIA pays for the privalege. Openreach cannot use or touch an AltNet's property (Cable/ONT).

@garybs29  conclusion that there is a lack of training would appear correct.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Have you actually shown your landlord the setup of a CSP and ONT?

Said 2 small holes refer to the two holes they drill to fix then CSP to the outside wall and two more to fix the ONT to the inside wall. As soon as they’re on you won’t see the holes.

I’d be interested to see pics of the Community Fibre Setup.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Does  this property have an existing Openreach ducted underground feed with the ( usually grey ) plastic BT bend connector , capping 25 and a BT 66 or cover101a ?,

If these already plastic covers exist on the exterior wall , normally the cover 101 or BT66 ( whichever is fitted ) can be replaced with the CSP , so very little visual difference, to what already exists , also if underground ducted and Community Fibre used the existing Openreach duct presumably the landlord was happy for their’CSP’ to be fitted near this Openreach equipment.

0 Ratings