cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

FTTP Installation

i recently ordered fttp broadband from bt and it is planned to be installed on the 15th. Was just wondering does the box need to be installed next to the phone socket? or can it be installed upstairs in a totally different room, i play call of duty professionally and finally was able to get fttp in my area and made the upgrade.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: FTTP Installation

Technically on a Standard Installation the Engineer is supposed to run the Fibre Cable next to the existing Copper Cable and fit the ONT next to or as close to the NTE as possible, power outlets depending.

Although most Installation Engineers will be accommodating and install it where you want within reason. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

are the existing copper cables that black wire floating outside my house to the telephone pole? Because that's directly outside my bedroom window in which i would want the box installed
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Yes

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

so it should be easy for them to just run it along that cable into my bedroom then?But the current bt master socket is downstairs. does this matter or not?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

It will be a different cable.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Yeah they will have to run the fibre optic cable along the copper cables right? But will it matter if I ask them to install my hub upstairs and the master socket is downstairs
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

As the master socket has nothing to do with FTTP then you can ask for the ONT to be placed anywhere. It is up to the install engineer if he/she will do so or not.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

@dubzy wrote:
Yeah they will have to run the fibre optic cable along the copper cables right? But will it matter if I ask them to install my hub upstairs and the master socket is downstairs

No, it will be a completely separate cable. Are you getting digital voice, if so your copper cable will no longer be needed at all.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

no, so the copper cable is only needed to the home phone i guess? im transferring that from my old provider
0 Ratings