cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

FTTP Installation

Hi

My FTTP installation was initially scheduled for 12 Jan 2021 but the engineer request was cancelled with no real explanation why.

I was told initially that I would not be installed until 22 Mar 2021. However as my broadband speeds were currently under 3 Mb/s Openreach agreed to bring forward my installation to 5 Feb 2021.  This subsequently went ahead successfully.

I am generally very happy but wanted to improve the wifi and looked on the BT website to investigate their mesh solution.  At this point I found that I could do nothing on my account because my FTTP order was still open. I also discovered that I couldn't access my 1Tb of BT Cloud storage because I didn't have broadband from BT!

I phone the fibre team who apologised and promised the order would be closed in 5 working days.  It wasn't so I phone 2 more times to be given an estimate of 24hrs and the 10 working days.

An email to the executive complaints has only succeeded in identifying that the reason that the order has not been closed is because it is with the Bridge Case team who will get round to closing my order on the 22 Mar 2021, the original revised install date.

I am left wondering if I have just been unlucky or if this is a regular occurrence?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP Installation

if you have now involved the ELC then you should continue to contact them to get a solution

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP Installation

Dear imjolly

I have re-read my op and cannot see where I have asked the forum to assist.

The only question posed was have I "just been unlucky or if this is a regular occurrence"?

Really interested to hear if anybody else has had this happen to them.

Meanwhile I will continue to beat my head against the wall that is the ELC!

0 Ratings