cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

FTTP Installed Above Flat Door, Not Available on Openreach and Issues with Address

Hi,

I am hoping somebody can help me, I feel like I am at my wits end.

After months of chasing Openreach and having BT FTTP broadband incorrectly subscribed to and then cancelled( as it was not actually installed. Finally, We have recently had FTTP installed within our apartment block( About 2 weeks ago), with the invisilight OFS box installed above each flat entrance door. 

There has been no update on the BT or Openreach broadband checker to say it is available in our block. In fact, it says our block is not in the plans for upgrade. I appreciate these things can take a little time post install. However, as there were some issues with this block address' previously being updated on the checker. However, on Superfast Essex website it shows it has been installed and completed, which is why I am concerned the address may be the reason. My current BT account is set up on an account address that doesn't technically exist.

Openreach cannot be contacted with the best will in the world or I cannot get in touch with them to get an answer.

I have been in touch with BT and they have been in contact with Openreach, and the response they got back was that there were no records of the install, which is my reasoning for posting this.

All I need to know is an approx. time frame from when all install has been carried out to when it should be available to purchase via BT?

Is there a request that can be sent to them via BT to update this so I can order. 

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: FTTP Installed Above Flat Door, Not Available on Openreach and Issues with Address

Is it definitely an Openreach install, what you describe doesn’t sound like OR’s method of provision,  so unless it’s some sort of trial area to test a process , perhaps it’s nothing to do with OR.

Not all BDUK funding went to OR , so it may be an alternative network provider has provided this.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Re: FTTP Installed Above Flat Door, Not Available on Openreach and Issues with Address

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply.

On the Superfast Essex page it says it is "Completed by Openreach and Superfast Essex". We have seen and spoken to the Openreach engineers.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply.

On the Superfast Essex page it says it is "Completed by Openreach and Superfast Essex". 

Correction, it may not have been Openreach on speaking to my other half. If it wasn't where does that leave us?

Thanks for your help in advance.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Where in Essex are you? If it's a commercial rollout it could be a number of providers.

Check out this page. https://www.superfastessex.org/commercial-operators/ 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Hi Pippincp

I am living in Braintree.

Thanks,

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Possibly Gigaclear. Check on the page given above.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

If it is Gigaclear, what does that mean?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

There is a contractor marking on a Yellow label called either SITCE or SACE handwritting is poor. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

You order from them, they have their own FTTP network. Don't know what the yellow label means.

0 Ratings