cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

FTTP Latency between packages

Hi there,

I saw some Openreach engineers outside the other day, and asked what they were doing. They said that the area will be installed with FTTP shortly.

This is obviously great news as I live in a rural internet currently only using ADSL2.

From my knowledge, there is a 100mbps package, 300mbps package which for some reason is priced the same as the 500mbps package, and then finally a 900mbps package. Firstly, why is the 300 priced the same as 500???

But my main question is: is there any differences in latency (ms) between packages? Or are they all the same as they're all FTTP? Obviously I know speeds are different for download and upload, but is the latency different between packages???

Thanks a lot.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTP Latency between packages

I'm no expert, but I'd expect the latency to be the same across all packages.

My latency is normally always below 10ms, not that I game online much!

Image1.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

You will have the same physical connection and backhaul network regardless of sync speed, hence latency will be the same.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thank you both for your replies!

Why doesn't the Full Fibre 500 show up when I type in my postcode? It only shows 300 and 900?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@octopus160  You need to ring the FTTP order team on 0800 587 4787  and they will certainly provide you the 500Mbps package for the same price as the 300Mbps package. 🙂

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings